Normally while I travel I tweet and post in group discussions (with friends and family) throughout the trip.This time though, my trip is a secret from one of my brothers; today is his thirtieth birthday and I am visiting as a surprise.
Rather than sharing my travel thoughts in the normal format, I’m collecting them here:
- I’m currently sitting on a plane at SeaTac airport. We were boarded before the replacement pilot arrived (apparently the original pilot was snowed in).
- It has been a fun wait though … complete with a guy who had no concept of personal space rubbing his butt on my arm and practically standing on me while adjusting his bag in the overhead compartment.
- There should be separate flights for inexperienced, oblivious, and jack ass passengers.
- Pilot has arrived! We are out of here. I expect to be asleep before takeoff.
- I can’t wait to give Byson his card and gift from K (our toddler niece).
- Pro tip: flushing the airplane toilet makes less of a mess if you close the lid first, and the next person to use the restroom (me) weir think you’re a complete ass.
- 5:08 pm eastern, at the gate. Let me off the damn plane so I can see my nephews!
- It’s weird being at BWI and not for work…
- Mrs Byson is amazing. Great mother, perfect partner for my brother, and a wonderful person all around. I’m glad I got to have some extra time with her.
The boys were incredibly well behaved for being stuck in the car for five hours, and Byson was sufficiently surprised.
It’s now stupid early eastern time, and I can’t sleep. The jetlag will be strong today.